Tuesday 28 April 2009

Lacking motivation

... Lately I havn't been feeling myself 100%... Not entirely sure why but I have an inkling... I need to start studying but I havn't been motivated or in the right state of mind. My exams are slowly approaching and now would be the right time to start. I admit that I am being a tad lazy, but im never like this. So I'm going to need a kick up the bum to get me started, or even better get back what I'm missing... I handed in a piece of coursework yesterday, I'm hoping I get a pass as that is all I'm really expecting out of it, not a 2.1 and not a 1st...  

What always crosses my mind is teaching methods and studying methods, if it wasn't so boring we'd all do it right? So whats going to get us keen and want to take a second look? Dont get me wrong I love the course although I do feel it could use a little bit of ooomph, as opposed to the constant slur of lecturer's voices and the blur of powerpoints... it's all very grey... Especially due to the subject matter- sometimes it can be exciting, other times it's rather the opposite :/. I know for a fact that when I want something to interest me, It needs to stimulate my mind... 

Alot of things stimulate my mind but at the moment everything seems to lack oomph! It may also be "end of year syndrome" I made that term up but I wont be surprised if there isn't a psychological term for it... Lets face it, we all get lazy towards the end of something especially when theres something more exciting to look forward to... I'm looking forward to my holiday, I intend to get a job, but theres nothing more exciting than summer.

Guess what? I already feel a tad more motivated, talking about it has helped and I'm looking forward to the summer so the quicker I get the academics out of the way, the quicker I can enjoy my holiday. Also I'm taking my own advice in anticipating the future with an open mind, not apprehending it.... Simply because I dont't know whats going to happen next....

I'm open to motivational/ study tips... :)

Peace  x

No comments:

Post a Comment